Position Title: Ag/Heavy Equipment Apprentice
Position Reports to: Service Manager
Hours of Work: TBC
Delta Power Equipment is looking for an Agricultural/Heavy Equipment Apprentice to work on agricultural, construction and heavy equipment. The apprentice will be required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of various product lines such as Case IH (ag. and construction), New Holland (ag. and construction), Merlo, Terex and Kobelco. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders and then the apprentice is expected to determine the nature and extent of repairs needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Repair or adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves and any other necessary mechanical components.
- Inspect, repair or adjust gasoline and diesel powered units.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Diagnose defects in heavy duty equipment.
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required.
- Operate automotive servicing equipment such as A/C recycler, etc.
- Install new and added-on equipment.
- Electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Complete work orders and time cards accurately.
- Repair cooling and lubrication systems.
- Install and align engines or machinery.
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drive-trains and final drives.
- Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work.
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques.
- Other mechanical repair work as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Enrolled in the Apprenticeship Program for a Farm Equipment Technician
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of farming machinery, parts, and their functions.
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Valid driver's licence with a clean driving abstract.
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry and trade.
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Extended periods of stooping, bending, and kneeling.
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating objects up to 50 pounds.
- Working in an environment subject to frequent temperature changes.
- Safety glasses/eye protection required
- ASA approved work boots required
- Hearing protection may be required
Compensation will depend upon experience and will include benefits.