Job Title: Construction Equipment Salesperson
Position Reports to: Sales Manager
Summary of Position:
The Construction Equipment Salesperson is responsible for selling Delta Power Equipment’s construction and landscaping products. He or she will reach business targets through the use of excellent sales and communications skills. The Construction Equipment Salesperson works with customers to help them find and then purchase the right product. Other duties include maintaining thorough up-to-date knowledge of company products, conducting detailed demonstrations or helping customers and lending agencies with any related paperwork involved with the sale.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, by telephone call and email.
- Visiting potential customers to prospect for new construction sales.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Negotiating variations in price, delivery and specifications with managers.
- Liaising with suppliers to check on the progress of existing orders.
- Reviewing own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing quotations to customers.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service.
- Conduct professional and engaging construction sales presentations.
- Answer questions and offer suggestions to prospects based on a thorough knowledge of the construction product lines.
- Offer additional products or services to customers related to the sale.
- Assist customers with any relevant paperwork to complete the sale.
- Maintain an-up to-date knowledge of competitors’ products for comparison.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
- Emphasize product or service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales order forms/reports.
- Create sales leads and initiate of prospect calls.
- Establish ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues.
- Attend periodic manufacturer sales training where applicable.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Post secondary education in construction, machinery or business is preferred.
- Heavy equipment sales experience is preferred.
- Sales experience in heavy equipment, agriculture or dealer networks is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of construction and landscaping marketplace.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Knowledge of retail sales principles, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to pinpoint problems and create solutions.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers as well as other departments.
- Strong communication skills verbally, in presentations and in writing.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations and use spreadsheets.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- A competitive streak and dire to excel is a must.
- Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely.
- Ability to attend and conduct equipment demonstrations on job sites.
- Some travel required for sales training or trade show events.
- Overtime as required.
Compensation will depend upon experience and will include benefits.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in starting an exciting career with us, please apply by submitting your resume to email@example.com and indicate the position you are interested in.
Get To Know Delta:
Delta Power Equipment is a full service equipment dealership providing sales, service and parts support at 10 locations with 250 employees across Southwestern Ontario. Delta Power Equipment is looking for people who are passionate about agriculture, equipment, customer service, and who want to make a difference in the lives of our customers. If this sounds like you and you take pride in a job well done, contact us today!