Job Title: Detailer
Position Reports to: Service Manager
Summary of Position:
The equipment detailer is primarily responsible for washing, cleaning, polishing and performing general upkeep of Delta Power Equipment machinery or equipment. He or she details interiors and exteriors to ensure equipment is clean and presentable for customers. This position will also provide general assistance at the dealership including moving equipment, assisting co-workers and sometimes helping to clean the dealership store’s property.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Detailing of interior and exterior of equipment.
- Detailing of company vehicles, customer vehicles and recently purchased used vehicles.
- Detailing includes vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, washing and waxing.
- Ensuring the exterior of equipment is clean and smudge free.
- Cleaning and polishing windows.
- Applying polish to remove scraps.
- Cleaning and polishing wheels.
- Drying equipment with cloths, squeegees or air compressors.
- Driving machines in dealership lot and some customer pick ups or drop offs.
- Mixing cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds/solutions, according to formulas.
- Operating cleaning equipment or machines safely.
- Using a variety of hand held tools to detail the interior and exterior of equipment.
- Notifying supervisor or technicians when you notice parts of equipment that require repair or replacement.
- Taking pictures of equipment and machinery.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies and regulations.
- Performing other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in detailing vehicles.
- Previous experience working with cleaning products and cleaning tools like pressure washers.
- Knowledge of agricultural, powersports and heavy equipment is an asset.
- Ability to operate farm or heavy equipment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ontario “G” drivers license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Valid G driver's licence with a clean driving abstract.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely.
- Safety equipment will be required (For example, steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses)
Compensation will depend upon experience and will include benefits.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in starting an exciting career with us, please apply by submitting your resume to email@example.com and indicate the position you are interested in.
Get To Know Delta:
Delta Power Equipment is a full service equipment dealership providing sales, service and parts support at 10 locations with 250 employees across Southwestern Ontario. Delta Power Equipment is looking for people who are passionate about agriculture, equipment, customer service, and who want to make a difference in the lives of our customers. If this sounds like you and you take pride in a job well done, contact us today!