This position is responsible for performing general building and property maintenance at his or her designated Delta Power Equipment store. This includes general maintainance of the store's HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing, mechanical systems and equipment. He or she will coordinate the day to day maintenance. He or she is responsible for the upkeep and preservation of Delta Power Equipment grounds including landscaping and snow removal.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties & responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on daily equipment and facility such as replacing light bulbs.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Involved in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations or updates to current systems.
- Work with site-wide building maintenance to ensure compliance to any construction, renovation or updates.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the maintenance department.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Drive company vehicles, as required.
- Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces as required.
- Operate grounds-keeping power equipment and maintain external property.
- Seek appropriate licensed individuals to maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes. e.g., circulating pumps, air handling systems, and refrigeration etc.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms
- Maintain an adequate supply of hot water at the correct temperature.
- Responsible for landscaping and the overall esthetic look of Delta Power Equipment property.
- Locks or unlocks doors, turns lights on/off, generally patrols grounds.
- Maintains outside grounds (removes snow, ice, and debris, sprays and removes weeds, sweeps and cleans gutters, waters and maintains sprinkling system).
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Ability to perform small repairs (e.g. caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures)
- Knowledge and ability to work on 110v up to and including 600v system and equipment.
- Possess valid G and D drivers licenses
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lb
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
Compensation will depend upon experience and will include benefits.