Job Title: General Handyman/ Yard Person
Position Reports to: Service Manager
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for performing general building and property maintenance at his or her designated Delta Power Equipment store. He or she will coordinate the day to day maintenance and act as the general handyman for the store. He or she is responsible for the upkeep of Delta Power Equipment grounds including landscaping and snow removal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Involved in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations or current buildings.
- Maintain outside grounds. For example, remove snow, clear weeds, clean gutters, maintain sprinkling system.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on the store's equipment and facility.
- Perform a variety of general plumbing maintenance, light renovation and carpentry tasks as needed.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work.
- Seek appropriate licensed individuals to maintain various electrical components, appliances, HVAC, plumbing, as needed.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Responsible for landscaping and the overall esthetic look of Delta Power Equipment property.
- Open and close store property daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in building and property maintence.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to perform small repairs and light construction.
- Ability to pinpoint aproblems and create solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A self-starter with time management and project management skills.
- Comfortable working with computers and email.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Possess valid G drivers license is a must.
- Valid D drivers license is an asset.
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lb
- Local travel will be required
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Safety equipment will be required (For example, steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses)
Compensation will be based on experience.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in starting an exciting career with us, please apply by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position you are interested in.
Get To Know Delta:
Delta Power Equipment is a full service equipment dealership providing sales, service and parts support at 10 locations with 250 employees across Southwestern Ontario. Delta Power Equipment is looking for people who are passionate about agriculture, equipment, customer service, and who want to make a difference in the lives of our customers. If this sounds like you and you take pride in a job well done, contact us today!