Position: Precision Farming Specialist
Location: Position available at flexible Delta Power Equipment location
Reports to: Position reports to DTI (Delta Technology and Innovation) Manager
This position will be responsible for discovering customers’ needs and proposing a solution based upon an expert understanding of value added technologies, products and services provided by Delta Power. This position requires the individual to engage in customer interaction to transfer knowledge and understanding of technology to facilitate maximum Return on Investment. This individual will be expected to meet individual and team sales targets as directed by the DTI Manager.
Job Specific Duties
Sales and Support (75%):
- Establish rapport with customers by offering consistently high levels of customer service.
- Assist customers in selecting equipment, ensuring that they are made aware of the entire product line, any accessory parts and existing specials.
- Enhance customer service by assisting customers in understanding the operation of their equipment.
- Solicit new and regular customers by telephone to increase sales.
- Troubleshoot any problems that customers may have with equipment and provide training as required.
- Provide information to customers regarding parts including their function, prices, applications and warranties.
- Locate the required parts or service(s) and any related parts or service(s) in which customers might be interested.
- Keep all relevant paperwork up-to-date.
- Attend school/training as required.
- Participate in Open Houses and Informational Clinics.
- Assist in the organization and execution of Demo Days.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the sales strategy.
- Explore and develop alternative sales opportunities.
Training and Development (25%):
- Make available suitable precision ag training opportunities to the customer to be knowledgeable of Delta Power products.
- Efficiently transfer technical knowledge to the customers through materials, one on one coaching and group sessions.
- Provide agronomy/ROI research data to the sales team for training as well as sales and marketing purposes
- Requires a community college diploma in agriculture or equivalent experience
- More than 3 years of industry experience required
- Mental Effort - analytical skills required in this position
- Physical Demands - limited physical demands required, ability to drive a motor vehicle is required
- Dexterity and Coordination - find and gross motor skill abilities are required in this position
- Incorrect or inappropriate decisions have a noticeable impact on the operations of the organization such as disruption of services, financial loss, inappropriate use of resources, or injuries to employees.
- This position compiles, analyzes and monitors expenditure data used in a departmental budget
- There is no direct supervision of staff required
Policies and Procedures:
- Duties require formulating and recommending changes to established methods or procedures within the team and provide input into program or policy development as requested.
- Work involves frequent contact with the public or employees
- There are limited physical discomforts in the position
- Most of the work in this position consists of activities creating moderate degrees of stress but not to the point of being highly stressful.
Compensation will depend upon experience and will include benefits.