MEYER MANUFACTURING CORPORATION (then known as Meyer's Machine Shop) was founded in 1944 by Alvin Meyer in Dorchester, Wisconsin. The original business was founded upon equipment repairs along with manufacturing of snow plows, farm wagons, grain elevators, truck racks, fork lifts and mobile homes. In 1951, Mr. Meyer patented the False-Gate Box which was later redesigned into what is believed to be the first Self-Unloading Forage Box ever built, the model M100. In the early 1960's Alvin's sons Don and Larry, and daughter Judy, joined the business. The company continued to expand it's product offerings to include forage boxes, running gears, Crop-Max / V-Max / V-Force and Industrial manure spreaders, portable feeders and Formula vertical TMR mixers.